The Growing Importance of Managed Services During COVID-19
March 22, 2023
Managed Service Providers can help companies to catch up during this period of uncertainty and maintain business as usual (BAU).
The Growing Importance of Managed Services During COVID-19
With IT teams under immense pressure from increased demand and reduced capacity, businesses require a ‘safety net’ to ensure their strategy is executed optimally. Managed Services offer a valuable approach to achieve just that. If your business has put off utilising Managed Services in the past, now could be the time to rethink your strategy.
- What is Managed Services?
- What kind of support does Managed Service include?
- How can Managed Services help during and after COVID-19?
- What is Pay-on-Demand Pricing for Managed Services?
What is Managed Service?
With Managed Service, a third party takes on certain business administration and management duties. By definition, Managed Service is not limited to IT, though that is the area it is most often utilised. At Prolifics, for instance, our Managed Services include:
- Cloud Services; Cloud-Native Dev; Migration; Strategy
- APIs & Integration Strategy; API-Led Development; Integration Migration; Maturity Assessment
- DevOps; CI/CD Pipelines; Red Hat OpenShift; DevOps Assessments
- Data & Analytics; Data Governance; Data Fabric/Modernisation; Data Integration
- QA & Testing; Software Test Automation; Performance Testing
The purpose of Managed Service is to outsource specific responsibilities to free up your team’s time, redirect their focus to business matters at hand, and maximise your business’s resources. Managed Services enables companies to enhance their resource capacity through Team Augmentation as and when it is required, instead of having to hire full-time employees. Therefore, small, medium and large businesses can innovate faster through Managed Services, on a budget that is respective to their needs and goals.
What Kind of Support Does Managed Service Include?
As we mentioned, Managed Services vary from industry to industry, from payroll to call centers and more. In the IT world, different Managed Service Providers (MSPs) offer different services. In general, MSPs specialise in managing one or many of the following:
- API & Software Integration
- QA & Testing Services
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Communication Services
- Data Analytics
- Data and File Infrastructure
- Networks and Infrastructure
- Software as a Service (SAAS)
- Support Services (such as troubleshooting)
- IOT, Wireless and Mobile Computing
How Can Managed Services Help During COVID-19?
COVID-19 has forced companies and their employees to adapt to working remotely quickly. Businesses have had to shift their focus to their online presence and depend on digital solutions more than ever before. Managed Service Providers can help companies to catch up during this digital transformation and maintain business as usual (BAU), but in a whole new way.
MSPs are stepping up during this worldwide crisis to make sure small and big businesses alike can not only stay afloat but excel. At Prolifics, we have responded to COVID-19 with services specially designed to offer support across all vendors in the forms of:
- Proactive Monitoring: To ensure that all services are running as they should, pre-emptively preventing any breaks or downtime.
- Team Augmentation: To supplement members of staff that are currently unable to work.
- Incident Management: 24/7 coverage of any issues that arise. We are able to work on these remotely across any time zone.
- Application Management: Aiding in removing workload from internal staff by creating custom applications and fixing and maintaining existing apps.
- Change Management: Keeping BAU support by ensuring code releases are done on time and outside of high traffic hours. Detecting any fixes that may be required after conducting regression testing.
- Proactive Patch Management: Ensuring all software and services are up to date with the latest patches, ensuring that bugs or security issues are kept at bay.
- Platform Management: Despite a larger concurrent user base for Cloud, integration and API runtimes, we can ensure that these will not ‘go down’ by monitoring and bolstering weaker areas of the platform; an example is scaling up or down.
Why Choose Prolifics Managed Services?
Picking the right managed services organisation to work alongside your team, is just as important as your MSP having the right capabilities, so what makes Prolifics trusted by over 40 industry-leading organisations?
- Price: Proudly offering a Pay-On-Demand pricing model, the flexible service allows organisations to choose exactly what they need, when they need it. Our competitive pricing balances skill, experience and locale to provide a fee that suits any budget.
- Experience: Too often organisations partner with MSPs and quickly realise that the skills promised for the project are greatly exaggerated; working with Prolifics ensures that 40 years’ worth of experience is leveraged through strong frameworks, accelerators and senior leaders.
UK-Based Security-Cleared Support: With a large UK team of software developers, architects, project managers and more, we offer a unique proposition of Security Cleared (SC) support for highly regulated industries, leveraging our experience across sectors including:
- Managed Services for Financial Services Organisations
- Managed Services for Banks and Building Societies
- Managed Services for Government Services
What is Pay-on-Demand Pricing for Managed Services?
With COVID-19, businesses are unsure if they can pay their bills, let alone add another to the pile. The thought of paying for Managed Service seems unfeasible. Most MSPs do rely on contracts that bind customers to services for a lengthy amount of time. But, during this global crisis, that can seem like more of a gamble than an investment.
At Prolifics, we understand that priorities have been cut down to focus on absolute essentials. That is why we have developed ‘Pay on Demand’ pricing that gets your business what you need, when you need it. You only pay for the support you need, with the ability to add extra hours if necessary.
Ensuring Innovation Continues During COVID-19
Despite staff working from home, essential work still needs to be done. Companies have to adapt to this new business dynamic, but splitting teams between new projects while keeping others up to speed may not be possible under the current conditions. That is why Managed Service is growing more important—it enables your business to adapt, innovate, and thrive in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure you get the very best from your engagement, Prolifics Innovation Centre works closely with your team to understand where you are and what your goals are, providing a central hub where collaboration is king, breeding innovative solutions that are backed by our Managed Service.
Prolifics is a UK-based systems integrator and digital engineer that can pull your company out of the dark ages and into the era of digital transformation, modernisation and true innovation. Contact us to learn more about our Pay-on-Demand Managed Services.