Portland State University Streamlines Budgeting and Controls Costs
February 19, 2020
Answers in Analytics: Portland University Success Study
- How to streamline budgeting
- How to control costs
- How to increase student retention
Portland State University implemented IBM Cognos BI and TMI for control over finances and student retention.
- Portland State University now has deeper insight into budgeting and student performance;
- It can manage finances to keep tuition costs low.
The role of Prolifics
- Prolifics helped PSU structure and automate the university-wide budgeting process;
- Prolifics automated integration of Ellucian banner data;
- Prolifics extended the solution to include enrollment and tuition revenue planning.
“Prolifics was able to take a budgeting system which was inadequately designed and turned it into a fully functional system which is user friendly, much easier to maintain and incorporates best practices.”
– Robert Naranjo, Business System Analyst/Programmer, Portland State University